Friday, August 29, 2008

Whoa... That was close!


Turns out that thirty six hours of indecision was long enough to take the decision out of our hands. Someone jumped ahead of us on the road to crazytown - the house down the street is already under contract. Someone is getting a terrific bargain. Or soul sappingly deep money pit.


We hope they're "owner/occupants" and have what it takes to put this 140 year old gem back together. Most of all I hope the first thing they do is rip that goddawful porch enclosure down. I've wanted to do it ever since we moved here. It's one of those things that can bug you - like a big fat white head that needs popping - I have to keep my hands in my pockets to keep from crossing the street and picking at it.

HandyKid, who is actually more mature than me when it comes to stuff like this, seems okay with it. Something about "for the best", "timing", "cash", "priorities", yadda, yadda, yadda...

3 comments:

Why S? said...

It wasn't meant to be. Down the road, you may be celebrating that you dodged a bullet. Or a train wreck.

Jennifer said...

Here's hoping they turn it into a gem!

We are in said...

On my way to work the other day I saw a tall young man standing in the open doorway of the house with a curly haired little girl on his shoulders.

It gave me a warm feeling.

I think it is for the best if a young family is going to make it home.